How To Make The Best Iced Tea
In this article we want to show our customers how to make the best iced tea!!
Typically when making iced tea, people generally tend to brew the tea the usual way and then simply add ice cubes. This process dilutes the taste of the tea towards the end as the ice cubes melt and end up diluting the brew.
Instead, here are our recommended methods to make iced tea the right way. By following these simple steps, in either of the two methods below whichever is convenient for you, you can easily make iced tea with our teas. Iced teas that taste great and have a consistent taste!
To make 1 pitcher - 64 oz. (8 x 8 oz cups)
Hot brew method:
1. All teas except green tea blends: Steep 4 tsp. of loose leaf tea in 212° F hot water for 5 minutes and strain.
Green tea blends: Steep 2 tsp. in 170° F (i.e. steaming hot instead of boiling hot) water for 2-3 minutes and strain.
2. Re-steep the strained loose leaf tea in another 4 cups of 212° F hot water for 6 minutes and strain. For green tea blends re-steep in 170° F water for 3 minutes and strain.
3. Combine both the concoctions from steps 1 and 2 above.
4. (Tastes good without any sweeteners.) If you prefer, add honey to taste and mix thoroughly.
5. Bring to room temperature and refrigerate.
Note: For ease of brewing, steps 1 and 2 above can be combined by brewing 7 tsp. in 8 cups of hot water for 5 minutes. But to maximize value for your tea it is recommended to follow steps 1 and 2 since all of our teas can be steeped twice.
Cold brew method:
1. All teas except green tea blends: Place 6 heaped tsp. loose leaf tea in a pitcher and add 8 cups of fresh cold water.
Green tea blends: Use 4 heaped tsp. instead of 6 tsp.
2. Let it infuse in the refrigerator for 8 hours. Strain.
3. (Tastes good without any sweeteners.) If you prefer, add agave to taste.